Day 16: Breaking the Vegan Code

Yes, I ate cheese.

Lunch: Rice w/ lentils and Arugula (jarjeer) and Lemonade juice

So now my mom is all about me eating food that contain iron. Lentils and arugula both have iron, sooo, yeah. I have to eat them. And random assorted nuts like cashews and almonds.

See this website for more information about what food to eat if you an iron deficiency: click here

Snack: Tea with vegan-approved chocolate-covered cookies

Good stuff.

And then I went to a dinner party at my aunt's house where I was faced with THE cheese. Let me just explain what I ate there:

Dinner/Snacks: Salad (arugula w/ lemon and cheese) and two lemonades w/ mint drinks, a few walnuts, and "sab il gafsha" (I have no idea that it translates to.. They're like sugary dumplings?)

Okay, so there was quite literally nothing for me to eat. I mean, like, dinner-wise. And I was really hungry. So I had to eat the salad!

I believe you are allowed to break the vegan code in matters of starvation. Does it help that I felt really guilty eating them? And that I managed to stop myself from eating this amazing looking Black Forest cake?

No? Then I will be contrite and penitent for the rest of this sentence.

There. All done.

Just kidding. Kinda, sorta.

My New Candy: Eat a lot of chocolate, if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment