Day 7: Awesome Saturdays, Tomatoes, and Books

One week down!

Breakfast: Fitness cereal, no milk (still haven't got the guts to drink it alone :S)

After "breakfast', I went to the bookstore! YAY!!!

I've been wanting to read Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace for such a loooonnnngggg time, so when I found out that the bookstore had it, I reserved it. And, after an incident where some other girl named Farah took the book instead of me, I finally have it!

Also, that means that I went to the bookstore twice this week... This is the loot I managed to bag.

Books (top to bottom): War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, Girls Night In by a compilation of authors,  Shadowland by Meg Cabot, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, Mr. Darcy's Diary by Maya Slater, No Logo by Naomi Klein, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith, Every Boy's Got One by Meg Cabot, The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkein, The Horse and His Boy AND Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis, British Women in the Ninteenth Century by Kathryn Gleadle, The Magician's Nephew & The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis, The King's Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi
Doesn't it seem that I just wrote a lot more for the description than I normally write for entire blog posts? Huh...

Anyway, today (well, you know, yesterday) was my family's gathering, first one I've been to since I became a vegan!

Lunch (at my grandma's house): Rice and Salad w/ water

I tried tomatoes for the first time, too! And I found out why I've been avoiding them all my life!

they do NOT taste good and have caused me psychological damage
...
I mean, more than I already had.
No, here is a point of contention. Usually, rice is cooked in (rough translating here!) chicken water. So basically, a chicken had already been boiling in it or whatever (I'm not very clear on the details) and then they fry (how do they cook rice, anyway? Fry, broil, bake?) the rice on it.

I am allowing myself a free pass here... I didn't ask my grandma how they made the rice, and I don't think I want to. But I do know that here in our house, that's how we do it, and I think I'll allow myself a free pass on this one, because no one is going to agree to make a rice just for me.


Dinner (kinda sorta??): Carmel Frappuccino (soy milk FTW!), Chiplets and a Mountain Dew

So I left the gathering with my cousin and we stopped by Starbucks. I got myself the awesome carmel frappuccino that I've been denying myself for a while.

And then went home and ate junk food.

Life is good.

My New Candy: If you live in Kuwait and want to go to a good bookstore (which we are somewhat lacking here, or at least one with good prices), you should definitely go to the used book store in Kuwait City.

Visit: www.q8books.com for a small list of the books they offer and also for directions!

If you do go, tell the storekeeper that I sent you :P Maybe I'll get a discount if I generate more customers :P

2 comments: